Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Experiences From The MTC

One of these Feet is not like the other!


What a great week! I had the opportunity to go to the
referral center and it was kind of a bust. I mostly just
heard answering machines, and hoped that people had ring back
tones which most didn't. I did have one moment that made it all
worth it though. I called a lady in the Bronx who had
requested a “Joy to the World” DVD. Luckily earlier that day we
had a class all about inviting people to church. I ended up
talking to her all about church. I told her the church was,
what we do, how to dress, and invited her to go. I ask if I
could call her back next week to see how it was and she said
yes and gave me her cell. Unfortunately, the number we call
from shows up as a block number so it goes straight to voice mail,
so I didn't get a chance to talk to her again.
Sundays, are fantastic here. We have really busy days still, but a
relaxing busy if that’s possible. My favorite of the day was
relief society, because guess how came and spoke to us....Elaine Dalton
(the general young women’s president)!!! She was so good.
She focuses on virtue and kept thing really informal so it was so good!
She talked a little bit about the movie on Virtue (the new ruby one).
She said there was a part that talked about how in the movie the
team was tied and playing for the championship and the speech that
was given went something like "we need to put our heads up, this is
our destiny and you only have 7 minutes left in the game." I really
love that because we are in the last 7 minutes and this game is on the line.
We have to put our heads up and fight with everything we have.
Also, I leave on January 19 at 4 am for FLO-RIDA!!
I get to call you from the airport my flight leaves at 7. I'll most likely call you
between 6 and 7. Also I fly into Atlanta for an hour so that’s cool.
I get to Florida around 3! I can't wait!!
I love that I have a blog, that sounds great something all about me;
got to love it!
Thanks Aunt Laurie so much for the letter. I’m glad to hear
everything is well.
Also, I’m really thankful for all the letters. It's like Christmas
every time I get one!
I will be thinking of dad and praying for him tomorrow.
I hope everything goes well. Please, send me a dear elder tomorrow,
so I know what’s going on. I love you dad!
Love you!
Out of time got to go
Kelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment