Tuesday, March 9, 2010

NEW COMPANION

HEY HEY!! I got a new comp. She is from prove, Utah, but has lived in Los Angles and San Diego for the last 6 or 7 years. She is 31 years old that caught me off guard. She is strong so that is good.
On our first day it was crazy! I got a call from the AP on Tuesday night saying all the newbies flights were canceled and they would be delayed. We a had a member taking us to transfer spots( about an 1 hour and 15 minute drive), so I called her and she said she didn't mind hanging out with me for a few hours. On Wednesday morning, the AP's told me it would be closer to 5 or 6 pm. Another sister had to wait for the transfer but to come back around so she hung out with us too. Sister Gibbons was the member that was with me. We went over to this small town and did some shopping and she took us to lunch and we were head back over to transfer spots about 1pm. Luckily, the AP's called and said the newbies were twenty minutes out. I was so glad to hear that cause Sister Gibbon's and I didn't know what to do after we dropped off the other sister. We picked up Sister Richan and headed back. we had to plan a lesson on the way back because I had an appointment scheduled at 3:30 with Payton (who's 11). I basically threw
Sister Richan in the water and said sink or swim. I felt kind of bad but she was cool with it. We taught Payton the pan of salvation and sister Richan drew it out and so did Payton. It was a really good lesson. We had dinner with brother smith that night. He takes out the first Wednesday of every month. He great one of my favorite people. He's the kind of person I want to hug so bad and can't. Then, we had an appointment with Brother Hewett to go visit the Woodie's (less active). We had a really great lesson there. it was a really great first day. It got her really excited.
Sister Richan and I get along pretty well. She's a little ridged, very organized, and set in her ways. I'm a little more free spirit and go with the flow, so I'm forcing her to be flexible. Missionary work is all just go with the flow, I warned her and she's working on adapting. She is a little pushy, but a huge improvement. She is so excited, which is refreshing. I almost don't know what to do with it.
I'm really struggling figuring out how to fill a whole day with missionary work. Thank you, Ben. Your email was just what i needed. I really don't know how to be the most productive missionary (I was never taught), so I printed your email and will try out those ideas. Thank goodness a member gave us a car so we can get a round. Things are so much better then they were. I think this will be a good companionship even though we don't know what we are doing. Also, the members here are some of the best I've ever met and they have been nothing, but helpful.

I can print, so send me emails. I'll write back too, but tell people that I need addresses(if I don't have it).

I have more but I'll write and give you more info on what's going on with the work.

Thank you everyone for the letters and packages. I LOVED THEM! I'll be writing.

I'll keep Micheal and family in my prayers. Please keep me posted on what going on. I can't believe it. It really breaks my heart.

I love you all. Hope all is well!

LOVE ya!

whiskers

1 comment:

  1. woohoo Kelsie !!! Well, whether you know what you are doing or not, at least you'll be busy at something. I'm excited for you. Ben is a good long-distance trainer.

    ReplyDelete