Monday, August 2, 2010

8-2-2010

The work is kind of slow. We literally only have one investigator. We have nothing going on in the area. We are desperately trying to make things happen. We had some really good visits with less actives. We were able to have some great lessons this week and get into homes where we haven't been in sometime. It was really good. We are trying to find people to teach, but haven't found any yet. We are really trying. We face some challenges. The members don't really know us or trust us (sister Alston who was here before me served here for 9 months. the first 9 months of her mission. sister Hernandez had only been here a transfer before me and the sister she replaced had been here for 7 months.) We are working to get to know the members and gain their respect. We just got a new ward mission leader, Brother Brock. He's like 26 and pretty cool, We are struggling to get on the same page. It will take some time for him to figure out something that works. Our teaching pool is 1. Basically, we are starting from scratch. sister Hernandez and I have never been in this situation. We are just trying to do our best. At times is feels like we are running around with our heads cut off. We don't know how to really get things going. we are trying and hoping something will work.

Our one investigator, M, wasn't at church on Sunday, because her goddaughter had her christening. We did have a really good lesson with her this week. We talked further on the Restoration. She still isn't sure about it, but is praying and searching to know. It was a crazy lesson, because we discussed polygamy and she had concerns with race all in the same lesson as well. She really is thinking a lot about what she is hearing. She wants to learn and asks a lot of questions. She is a lot of fun to teach. I LOVE teaching her. She is coming along, so we'll see what happens. Teaching M helps me feel very hopeful. I just know I need to be doing more.I want to so badly. I know I am doing the best I can, but it's not enough. I don't know. We need to find others to teach SO bad. I want to be teaching up a storm, but can't seem to make it happen. I'll figure it out. it's just frustrating cause I just don't know how. Oh well, being clueless is the best way to be, because then your completely dependent on the powers of heaven (that's from Elder Bednar). I know that is the ONLY way that I will be able to be and do what that lord wants me to be. I'll keep working!

Love,
Sister Whipple
Also, E, who is an investigator that I taught the entire time I was in Lynn Haven, set a baptismal date. She is getting baptized on August 7! I was so excited to hear that. I am bummed that I won't be there for it. Also, K, a lady that we were working with while I was there, set a baptismal date too along with her 8 year old daughter. Totally, bummed that I will miss that too. K and I became really good friends. I was excited to hear that and I'm grateful for the small part I got to be involved with.

No comments:

Post a Comment