Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16, 2010

My Greenie Dinner

The Tallahassee Florida Mission Home


Let me just start off with saying thank you for all the letters. I really do appreciate it. Thank you mom for the package and the coat works great. Also, I’ve been using my miracle balls they really do help. Sister Hall was really excited about her gift too and thankful for it.

Well, things have improved between Sister Hall and I. we are getting along and talking which is a great improvement. Are we working enough? Nope. I can count how many people I spoke to about the gospel on less then one hand, but one thing at a time.

I did have my first zone conference this week. WOW! It was really incredible. A few the things that were said were just what I needed. The scripture Alma 31:31 and 38, it was all about finding joy in Christ in affliction. It was really powerful. One thing that President Summerhays said that really got me was “have the faith to fail, because he (Christ) will lift you up so you don't feel like a failure." I loved that. I had my first interview with President which was really good. I told him that I was wasting time. I'm not working enough and feel horrible and of course he already knew about sister hall and my issues there. He said he knew what I was going through. He said I had it right, but he didn't have the answer for me. He said go to the lord. He really is incredible. He is really sweet. I love it because he cries almost as much as I do. He asked me when I cry. I said when I laugh, happy, sad, feel the spirit, sneeze, and all the time. He got a chuckle out of that. Zone Conference was just what I needed.

Our investigators are a dream. I love them so much. The Hopkins have set a date for March 27 and are both on board. The Williams are still committed to march 6th and I've never met two people more excited to receive their large print quad in the mail. The people are fantastic and I love the work.
I will keep my head up and rely on the lord. Their is always joy to be found no matter what’s going on. I will make sure I’m always happy and work as hard as I can.

Also, I would love some background/build up Olympics stories, because I love it! Carolyn, I kind of expect some stuff on ice skating from you, because you don't just watch it but follow it. I kind hope you'll come through for me on that.
Not going to lie, I was a little bummed to hear that Sasha and Carolyn were there and I wasn't. I miss them. It sounds like they had a lot of fun. I love that they came by and hung out though. I think that really cool.
I have more to say, but I’m out of time. You'll get more in my letter.

Love You!
Sister Whipple

No comments:

Post a Comment